Heroic performances as Cheetahs drew with Warriors



Photo Credits: Goal Singapore


Mislav Karoglan 48′


Mamadou Diallo 85′

It was a sweet memorable birthday celebration for caretaker coach Amin Nasir, as his rejuvenated Hougang side presented him with a delightful performance, despite the result not concluding their performance on Wednesday night.

A Mislav Karoglan goal and a late goal from Mamadou Diallo meant both sides shared a point each, with the game full of action and drama.

Despite dominating the first ten minutes, the Warriors were often at the back foot almost the entire of the first half. The Cheetahs should be three goals up, if they had the luck in front of the goal.

The best chance came in 32nd minute, when Jerome Baker laid back a pass to Fairoz Hasan after a fantastic cross from Fazli Jaffar. Fairoz’s shot managed to beat Hassan Sunny, but not the post.

Three minutes before half time, a Diallo freekick managed a full length body save from Hassan Sunny. The rebound fell into the path of Thomas Beattie, however, Hassan managed a fantastic double save to deny Hougang the lead.

However, two minutes after the restart, a fantastic cross from Shi Jiayi found an unmarked Mislav Karoglan, who had an easy task to head the ball into the net for the lead.

The Cheetahs then had a fantastic chance on 68th minute, however, Diallo’s header was dealt well by Hassan Sunny.

A moment of controversy happened on 81 minutes. Seeing Erwan Gunawan lying down in the middle of the pitch, the Hougang players stopped play and decided to let Erwan have a treatment. However, the referee hasn’t blew the whistle for the stoppage, and Kazuyuki Toda decided to run for the goal, with only Fadhil Salim in front of him. He passed the ball towards Mislav Karoglan, who in the moment of great sportsmanship decided to put the ball out for the goal kick, with the goalmouth in mercy.

The following minutes saw Fadhil Salim and Igor Cerina clashing heads on towards Toda for his actions. All three players were handed cautions for their acts.

However, Diallo capped his majestic performance of the night, by heading into goal from a fantastic cross from Fairoz Hasan five minutes from time, to tie the game. However, in the process, the Guinean suffered a concussion and was forced out of the game for four minutes. Much to the spectators’ surprise, the Guinean managed to get back to his feet and play through the three minutes injury time with a clear bump at the back of his head.

The Cheetahs ended the game with a valuable point away from home, however stays second from bottom. The next game would be on Oct 19, 3,500km away at Bandar Seri Begawan against DPMM FC.



Fadhil Salim, Igor Cerina, Syaqir Sulaiman, Lau Meng Meng, Faizal Amir, Thomas Beattie, Fazly Hasan (Azhar Sairudin 55′), Fazli Jaffar (Basit Hamid 75′), Jerome Baker (Liam Shotton 71′), Fairoz Hasan, Mamadou Diallo



Hassan Sunny, Abdil Qayyim, Daniel Bennett, Zulfadhli Zainal Abidin, Jeremy Chiang, Kazuyuki Toda, Shimpei Sakurada (Erwan Gunawan 75′), Shi Jiayi, Tatsuro Inui, Sufian Anuar (Dharham Aziz 68′), Mislav Karoglan

Bookmark the permalink.